Join Joe (in here) and Wayne (out there) as they discuss internet safety, the future of chat, and how you can make a difference.
- The beginning, broken humanity @dohee mentioned
- "NOAH" Weather App
- Bad apples (see photo above)
- Joe said a big word without a definition: Misanthropy
- Public digital un-education: when was the last time you saw a course on privacy for the average person?
- When the family jewels get kicked, maybe then they’ll care about privacy.
- Murder stats: Most murder victims know their murderers
- Murder Weather Apps
- First step: get off of iOS and Android
- Second: limit use of known perpetrators
- Joining the ‘dark side’ (ie whatsapp): others will see that you are willing to compromise and it sends the wrong message
- Matrix – not the currently easiest but possibly the best marriage with Ubuntu Touch.
- Ubuntu Touch featured Matrix client: Fluffy Chat
- Ubports.chat – nearly-ready matrix server ‘like having your own telegram server’
- How about 5 minutes? @alangriffiths mention
- @amolith sends the email in response to the call to action
- The European vote on ‘copyright’ and ultimately becomes censorship
- Move one person over (maybe yourself) to Matrix
- See what else you can move or re-move in your life (digital or otherwise)
- Complete a 5-minute task
- Discuss this episode on the forum
We would love to hear from you: wayne[at]ubports.com , joe[at]ubports.com