Join Wayne (out there) and Joe (in here) to find out more about The 3cm Rule
In this episode:
- New Revelation: always keep a 3cm gap between logs (and humans)
- Wayne can't find the link but somewhere he read that number of car accidents significantly increased following mandatory seat belt laws - false security.
- Does other peoples' technology choices impact others?
- Here is one example article in The Guardian about the desire of some to regulating Facebook (such as how a tobacco or alcohol company needs to be regulated).
- Should we regulate Ubuntu Touch? We must assume bad apples will come...
- Everything should be opt-in (ie. NSFW), so you don't have to 'un-see' something.
- We hit 2000 people in the Telegram supergroup, yay. Here is a goofy fake movie trailer to celebrate. But what does that mean?
- UBports Community: Strengths, weaknesses, goals, etc.
- Where do people in the community disappear to? Busy, life events, etc.
- Have we marketed ourselves well?
- A listener (Dennis) speaks out! Hear his words with a movie trailer voice.
- Wayne believes a strong startup company ('Newco') will help project growth a lot.
- Keep freedom of devices. "I don't need less I need different at different times" - Dennis
- Joe was wondering about what 'leeway' means.
- Wayne validates Joe. Joe validates Wayne. That's a lot of validation...
- Joe likes his three devices. Wayne tries to 'hard sell' Joe to accept one device.
- Kaptain Krille sends a 'Why Firefox OS failed' video - a must watch if the big picture topic interests you.
- Is Ubuntu Touch convergence a solution in Africa (and other places) to reduce asset theft of fixed computers? Wayne heard a recent story that makes him think this would be a perfect fit.
- Landline Telephone and Convergence: Joe is sure there is a correlation connection but - they couldn't figure out what it is..
- Let's seriously discuss this on the forum! (Joe is sick and tired of talking about convergence). Here is a dedicated convergence topic discussion
- Some quick hardware worth looking at:
- Pinebook! Cheap!
- Fairphone 2 goes down in price, it seems. Wayne forgot Euro conversion so price is actually $450.00 USD
- Call out! Get involved! (See Action Items below)
Start coding from zero in Bootcamp - A UBports / Ubuntu Touch beginner programming group on Matrix
Discuss this Ubuntu Touch Audiocast episode in the forum.
Send us a word of feedback (good or bad)! We would love to hear from you: wayne[at]ubports.com , joe[at]ubports.com